I've worked with Alexa a few times before and cannot express how much I adore this girl. She's probably one of the coolest, hottest, and funniest chicks I have ever met. This time around I got to really have fun with her. Big hair don't care.
1. On damp hair, even distribute Oribe's Grandiose hair plumping mousse all over then in sections on the crown and apex, spray Maximista on the roots for extra lift and hold.
2. Blow dry with a medium sized round brush, over directing everything as much as possible for maximum volume.
3. Once the hair is completely dried, curl hair in small to medium sections with a 1 inch iron. Make sure all the sections are all similar in size and the curls are being curled in the same direction. Consistency is key for this look. After every curl, make sure to pin it to set and cool.
4. After releasing the pins, working from the nape up, brush out each section with a Mason Pearson brush, spray with thick dry finishing spray to expand the curls, then back comb gently with a wide tooth comb to push the hair closer to the roots to achieve a fuller cropped look. Continue all the way to the crown.
5. When working on the front, create and deep side part and create finger waves around the hairline with either a comb or fingers for a classic 1950's feel.
6. Finish with a hard hold hair spray.
Photographed by Marc Cartwright
Makeup by Nicole Walmsley
Hair by Sienree
Styled by Basia Richard